Tuesday, September 7, 2010

fireplace destruction on Labor day






We spent our Labor Day working on the continuation of the destruction of our leaking fireplace. It is gone now and we decided the open space was beautiful looking into our back yard so decided to put in a sliding glass door! Went to Home Depot and got the door and it's waiting patiently to be installed. I, however am a little impatient! The whole is blocked up temporarily with plywood and plastic, since we are expecting rain for 3 days. Hopefully we don't get another 20 inches like last week!

1 comment:

  1. I bet you are so glad to see that fireplace come down! And I also think you will get much more enjoyment out of the patio doors! I personally think fireplaces are over-rated and I always worry that the chimney or something will catch on fire. Too much Red Cross casework and seeing fires destroy homes I guess. Hope you don't get all the rain your area got last week! Good to see Spencer helping his Papa! Good learning experience for him and great time of memory making!

    ReplyDelete