Monday, March 29, 2010

Our new project!

Our fireplace in the living room has been leaking since we moved here. Last week during the rain we tooka piece of molding off the side where the water was pouring in only to discover that the entire support system was rotten. As we got farther into it we found more rot and bigger problems. The fireplace had to come down! I tried to protect the carpet as best I could with plastic and sheets but am now realizing I was wasting my time. Ron and Spencer have done so much work. The rocks are huge and some have to be taken out with the dolly. We fill the trailer on the little tractor and Spencer takes it to the ravine and dumps it. Then it starts all over again. What a mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment